Tuesday, September 21, 2010

For Jaxon

Well this baby quilt is the second that I have made this year for a new niece/nephew.  This is for Jaxon,  Doug and Lydia's new little man.  He was born 6 weeks early but is now home with mom and dad and doing great!
This quilt brought a lot of firsts for me: first time with this pattern, first time to applique on the quilt, and first time for free-motion quilting.  All in all I am really happy for this to go to sweet Jaxon.  I fell in love with this fabric when we were still in VA and when they found out that it was a boy, I was so excited that I ran to JoAnn's to by it.
This is the back, a nice cozy flannel.  I really was very pleased with how this turned out and hope that they love it too.  And that is Mom back there holding the quilt in the wind :)  Thanks Mom!!

No comments: