Friday, June 27, 2008

Heat Allergy

Ashley woke up yesterday morning with this mild rash and then after a playgroup at the park she soon had it all over her body. When I took her into the clinic afraid that it was something bad I was told that it was her body's way of reacting to the heat/sun and humidity. She will have to stay inside while the rash is present and then take an potent antihistamine 3 times a day. From now on I will have to limit her time outside and I hope to build her up to a longer exposure.

3 comments:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Ohhh, poor Ashley!! Give her hugs from me. We love her!!

Spencer and AnnaMarie said...

AHHHHH...I got that when I was little too!! Poor thing. It only happened to me 2 summers in a row and then I was good to go.
Love your plants!!

Unknown said...

Hy! In my country nobody know about this... 😞 I am allergic at heat, i realize myself...in the bath first time, then outside when was sun burning. Exactly same allergy look like often on me. What treatmant your daughter had? Thank you, and sorry about my english